After Christmas everyone will start looking forward to the new year and I am no different. This year was a year of huge changes for our family but I am looking forward to putting down some roots now and setting up some good routines and just being a better wife and mom. I know the Lord will help me because His Word says "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength".
Two years ago my "word" for 2013 was FORWARD and little did I know how hard that year would be and how that word would sometimes be the focus of my life...just moving forward...one more minute, one more day, sometimes even one more breath. In 2014 my word was BELIEVE. I struggled through the entire year to believe many times...to believe that all things work together for good to those who love God, to believe that God has a plan even when we can't see it. As the year comes to a close I look back and see how much God used that word this year to stretch me.
So what will my word for 2015 be?
Authentic
My goal in 2015 is to live an authentic life.
authentic
ADJECTIVE
adjective: authentic · adjective: auth.
- of undisputed origin; genuine:"the letter is now accepted as an authentic document"
One of the things that bugs me is FAKE. Fake people, fake lives, fake stories. I don't ever want to be fake. I want to live an authentic life...warts and all. I don't want to become fake and find that others are discouraged by me. I don't want to make things seems perfect and make someone feel like they don't measure up. I want to become better...a better wife, a better mom, a better homemaker, a better _______....but I want to be authentic in it. I don't want to post pictures of my perfect house...I want to post pics of my real house. You know the one that exploded on itself the moment the kids walk in the door from school. I want to share this journey, this quest I am on to become better but only if I can be authentic in doing it.
So in 2015 my journey begins... I hope to share much of this journey here on Six Pack Adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment